Work with a purpose. Join us.
It takes many skilled and talented people doing many things right to successfully grow, harvest, sell and distribute potatoes and other crops throughout the United States.
We work on the farm, in the field, at the office and on the road. We do what we can to be good stewards of the land, good community members and good industry partners.
We are the people who make up Black Gold Farms, a global production, sales and service operation. Every day, we go the extra distance for your plate, community and world. We can't wait for you to join the team.
Grow personally and professionally.
When you join Black Gold Farms, you become part of a progressive, dynamic and innovative organization. Our people are passionate about becoming the best at what they do, and we give them the tools to do it.
Continuous education, comprehensive paid training and opportunities to learn, innovate and advance your career are all part of the package. Plus, we reimburse tuition for full-time employees and interns, and frequently promote from within.
Earn more than a salary.
Start with benefits designed to improve your life and keep you and your family healthy, now and for years to come. You’ll receive health, dental, vision, life and CancerCare insurance, flexible spending accounts, paid holidays and vacation, relocation assistance and a generous company 401k match. Add in a retirement bonus, profit sharing and other bonus opportunities.
Beyond that, we promote internally, challenge you with new responsibilities, recognize achievements and take time to say job well done. And we believe you’ll be a happier and more productive employee if you keep a healthy balance between work and play.
Do work that matters.
At Black Gold, we get food to the table and feed the world while sustaining our land, our company and the communities across the country where we work and live. Every person has an important job to do. And every step counts – from the farm to the store.
Amazing things happen every day on the farms, in the sheds, on the tractors and at the offices. Ultimately, we all work together to better serve our customers and partners, advance food quality, safety and abundance, and leave the earth better than we found it.
Be part of the family.
We’re a multi-generational, family-owned business and it’s reflected in our workplaces. We believe people are the single most important ingredient in our success, so we recruit good ones and create great places for them to work. You’ll find a casual, friendly workplace with an emphasis on world-class excellence.
You’ll do your job in a safe, productive, supportive and growth-oriented environment where each employee is a valued member of the Black Gold Farms family. And that’s a world-class team. We focus on our customers. We love what we do and share a passion to always do it better.
Live local, think global.
Planted firmly in North Dakota’s Red River Valley more than 80 years ago, Black Gold Farms has evolved into a global business with a world vision and an international reputation for advanced technology and sustainable agricultural practices. Yet we still find a way to keep what we do as local as possible.
Our employees put down roots in farm communities across the country where they live and work. They cultivate relationships built on honesty, reliability and value. And they make sure that what is put in the truck and on the table is exactly what we say it is, grown exactly how we said it was.
Quality potatoes. Quality people.
For us, it's more than the quality of every single potato, it's about always digging deeper with a team committed to producing good food, giving back to the community or protecting our good earth.
Thank you for considering Black Gold Farms.
Sounds great, right? Click below for more.
We go the extra mile for you.
- Health Insurance: Health care and prescription drug coverage is available to help our employees and their families remain healthy.
- HEALTH SAVINGS ACCOUNT (HSA): Black Gold Farms contributes to employee HSA accounts to assist with offsetting medical expenses and saving for future medical expenses.
- Dental Insurance: Coverage is available to employees and their families to prevent and care for their dental needs.
- Vision Insurance: Professional vision care is offered to meet the vision needs of our employees and their family members.
- Life Insurance and AD&D: Affordable and convenient life insurance and AD&D options are available to provide peace of mind to our employees, their families and loved ones.
- EXTENDED SICK LEAVE: Black Gold Farms offers paid time off, in addition to vacation pay, for employees or family members that have serious health conditions.
- Flexible Spending Accounts: Employees can participate in medical and dependent care FSAs, providing them with a tax savings benefit.
- ACCIDENT INSURANCE: Coverage is available for employees and their families should they become injured in many types of day-to-day accidents outside of work.
- CRITICAL ILLNESS INSURANCE: Employees may elect additional income protection should they or a family member be diagnosed with a serious illness.
- SHORT TERM DISABILITY: Employees can have peace of mind that their income will be protected should they have an illness or injury that makes them unable to work.
- CancerCare: This program is offered to provide additional protection and coverage to assist with cancer-related checkups and care.
- 401(k): Black Gold Farms provides employees participating in the company 401(k) program with generous matching contributions.
- Tenure Bonus: Long-term employees are rewarded for their service with a retirement bonus.
- Profit Sharing: Employees may be compensated for contributing to the success of Black Gold Farms.
- Vacation Time: Employees are provided with paid time off to assist them with work/life balance.
- Tuition Assistance: Black Gold Farms promotes the development of our employees by assisting them with their continuing education and training.
- FAMILY SCHOLARSHIP: Dependents of Black Gold Farms' employees are eligible to apply for a company funded college scholarship annually.
- RELOCATION ASSISTANCE: Black Gold Farms covers expenses related to relocating our new employees and their families when they have accepted a position with the company.
- PAID TRAINING: Black Gold Farms strongly believes in investing in our employees. We encourage all employees to continue to develop themselves professionally.